Two thoughts to share with you regarding the video production and content.
- People like to throw around numbers but if you don’t know why they are important and what makes them significant they quickly lose value.
- My video production skills are rough. I am using a basic webcam and it is clear the lighting isn’t what it could or should be.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about the content of the video and what you think about metrics in social media. Please share them in the comments.
Now About That Video
I almost pulled the video down because I am not satisfied with the production work here but I opted not to because I see value in tracking my progress. The way I am doing that is by watching the videos I have made and continue to make to conduct a general evaluation.
The video series began because YouTube can be used as a giant search engine and I wanted to take advantage of that and because video can be a very powerful tool. It didn’t make sense to me to not try to take advantage of it. So I am learning by doing and reading about how to create effective videos.
In the beginning I found it difficult to look at the camera and talk. I kept wanting to look elsewhere but I decided the only way to get better was to work at it. So the videos you see here are tools I use for multiple purposes including practice.
Power and Influence in Social Media Meet Storytelling
Part of the way we build power and influence in social media is through storytelling which is why I am sharing this with you. It is why I opened up on the video about a mistake I made and why I have shared some thoughts about what I am trying to accomplish here.
I love stories. I like reading them and I like telling them. I know how to do it in writing, but I am working on getting better at in video. I feel like I am making progress and that makes me happy.
And with that I want to invite you to do a few things.
- I would like to continue this discussion in the comments. Please feel free to comment on the contents of the video and or talk about making videos. I am interested in what you have to say.
- If you haven’t become a fan of my Facebook page I would like to invite you to click on this link and do so. The community here is growing and I don’t want you to miss out on becoming a part of it.
- Also, if you aren’t following me on Twitter and Google+ it would be wonderful to connect with you there too.
Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the comments.