My friend Barbara has bestowed the Inspiring Blog award upon me and now I am pleased to answer the questions that come along with the award.
BTW, I may or may not take certain liberties with the answers to these questions. You be the judge.
7 Favorite Phrases
Great Googly Moogly
If It Makes You Feel Good
7 Little Known Facts About Me
- After college I spent three years sailing around the world as a merchant marine. I considered the U.S. Marines but due to an injury suffered during a Muay Thai bout I couldn’t say Hooah and declined to follow up on it.
- I spell dog C-A-T.
- People from Cleveland are naturally attracted to me. Don’t know why, my river never burst into flames and my sports teams actually win. Ever notice that everyone is from Cleveland and no one lives there.
- The greatest place to get a Chicago hot dog or pizza is located outside of Chicago. Tell this to a Chicagoan and they’ll go nuts.
- I believe that the Celtics are the spawn of Satan. One of the great memories of my life is from the summer of 1985. The Lakers had finally beaten the hated Celtics for the championship.
- I believe that the D.H. is an abomination and should be removed from baseball.
- I came up with Nike’s slogan to “Just Do It.” Now if they’d just pay me for it.
- I once bumped into Steve Jobs. No really, I bumped into him. It was at Internet World in 2000. I turned the corner and my shoulder went right into his chest. I am pretty sure that he saw stars or heard music. Matter of fact I think that this is what led to the creation of the iPod.
- If I had to give up all of my possessions I’d fight to the death to save my music and my books. Matter of fact I’d probably fight to the death to hold onto my knife. It is a lot easier to fight with a knife than with your hands.
- Oprah scheduled me to appear on her show and then rescinded the invitation when she found out that Doctor Phil had given me an invitation as well. Who knew that she’d be so jealous. But I am still holding out for a chance to go on Jerry Springer. You haven’t lived until you have a chance to rumble on Jerry’s show.
- I considered changing my name to Inigo Montoya.
Yeah, I know it says “7 facts” but everyone knows that 7 and 11 go together so I went for it. Heck, I could have posted 27 and 2/3 but I didn’t. It is New Year’s Eve and sometimes we all need to let loose a little bit and have some fun.
The world always needs a bit more silliness in it.